1807 Nutters Barn Lane
Urbandale, IA 50322
Nov 17, 2010
Mr. Jeremy Knapp
Denver Public Library
3490 Neuport Lane
Tucker, GA 30084
Dear Mr. Knapp,
I have been looking for a position in my field of Library Administration for awhile now, as no other libraries commanded my respect for attention to operational and customer needs like Denver Public Library. I have been visiting your library for the past six years, and this is the library I wish to offer my dedication, education, and library knowledge to. I have included this cover letter and resume for your review.
When I found your ad on www.careerbuilder.com seeking a Librarian, I was very eager to apply. After review of your qualifications, I know I am a great match. Here is but a brief sample of what I can offer Denver Public Library in this position:
• Four years as a Librarian at Hennepin Country Library.
• Three years as an Assistant Librarian at Douglas Country Library.
• Master’s Degree in Library Administration from Cornell University.
• Experience with grants, inventory, and donations.
• Communication with board personnel, trusts, and customers.
I have included my resume with this cover letter, and would like to set up a time to meet. Please contact me to let me know a time that works.